- Nursing Education
- Global Service Learning
- Health Services Research
- Medication Reconciliation and H.I. T.
- Maughan, E.D., Heise, B. A., Palmer, S., Williams, M. & Coverston, C. R. (2011). Home and Host: Building a Partnership. In Fitzpatrick, J. and McKinnon, T. (Eds). Global Service Learning and Nursing – A Partnership Approach. (pp 95-110). New York: NLN Publications.
- Heise, BA, Asche, C. & Oderda, L. (2010). Research Brief: RAISE-Elderly (Rapid Access Integrating Safer Entry) Readiness of Older Adults to Adopt a Universal Serial Bus Personal Health Record for Medication Reconciliation. Ageing International. OnLine First™ 25 November 2010. DOI: 10.1007/s12126-010-9091-y
- Memmott, R., Coverston, C., Heise, BA, Williams, M., Maughan, E., Kohl, J., & Palmer, S. (2010). Practical Considerations in Establishing Sustainable International Nursing Experiences. NLN Nursing Education Perspectives, 31(5), 298-302.
- Heise, B.A. & Himes, D. (2010). Educational Innovation: The Course Council-An example of student-centered learning. Journal of Nursing Education, 49(6), 343-345. doi:10.3928/01484834-20100115-04.
- Heise, B.A. (2010). Healthcare system use by risky alcohol drinkers: A secondary data analysis. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 22, 256-263.