The Center on Aging Steering Committee received 15 pilot grant application submissions this year. It was a difficult challenge selecting from this group of meritorious projects. We are pleased to announce the following recipients awarded funding for the 2014-15 year, along with the titles of their proposals:
1. Kara B. Dassel - College of Nursing: "The Influence of Disease Type on End-of-Life Care Preferences"
2. Heidi Hanson, Ph.D. - Family & Preventive Medicine : "The Airderly Study: Air Quality, Health and Mortality in the Medicare Population"
3. J. David Symons - Exercise and Sport Science: "Links among autophagy, mitophagy, and nitric oxide bioavailability in aging"
4. Craig Teerlink, Ph.D. - Family & Preventive Medicine: "Sequencing analysis of high risk pedigrees to identify bone density predisposition"
5. Peter J. West, Ph.D. - Pharmacology and Toxicology - "5-HT6 localization and function: a prototype target for cognitive therapies"
To read the abstracts of these proposals, please visit our Current Pilot Grant Page.
To learn more about these awards, please visit the Pilot Grant Program Page.