Geriatrics Division and VA SLC GRECC Geriatric Grand Rounds
2015 American Geriatrics Society Meeting Highlights
This year's Scientific Meeting was held in National Harbor, MD from May 14-17 National Harbor, MD. Center on Aging faculty were well represented with three prestigious awards, and seven poster presentations.
Shaida Talebreza, M.D. received the AGS Clinician Educator of the Year, and Micah Drummond, Ph.D. was recognized as the AGS Junior Clinical Investigator of the year. Tim Farrell, M.D. became a new fellow of the American Geriatrics Society.
A list of all posters presented with scan codes that will direct you to their abstracts can be downloaded here.
2012 American Geriatric Society Meeting Highlights
The University of Utah was well represented at the 2012 Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Geriatrics Society with 3 paper and 11 poster presentations May 3-5 in Seattle, WA.
- Matthew T. Rondina, M.D. was chosen to receive one of the Merck/AGS 2012 New Investigator Awards. These awards are given to individuals whose original research as presented in a submitted abstract, reflects new and relevant research in geriatrics and are designed to recognize individuals who are committed to a career in aging research.
- View the list of paper and poster presenters (pdf - the links will open a PDF of the poster).
2012 Gerontological Society of America's Scientific Meeting Highlights
Fifteen Center faculty and student members are presenting at the annual Gerontological Society of America's Scientific Meeting in Boston, MA, November 18-22, 2011. List of Center on Aging presenters and their presentation titles (PDF)
9th Annual Rocky Mountain Geriatrics Conference
"Safety in the Balance: Fainting, Falling, and Maintaining Independence" was held at the Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort near Salt Lake City from September 14-16, 2011. The conference is held in cooperation with the VA Salt Lake City GRECC.
- Very well received by 193 attendees
- Attendees came from across the US - the furthest from Hawaii, Vermont, and Florida
- Watch the archived videotaped plenary sessions
2011 American Geriatric Society Meeting Highlights
The Center on Aging was well represented at the 2011 American Geriatrics Society Annual Meeting. The nine posters presented by our faculty and trainees are available to be downloaded from here.
A special highlight was the receipt of the best Geriatric Bioscience poster award by Matthew Rondina, MD for his Presidential Poster "Platelet-Monocyte Aggregate Formation in Healthy Elderly Individuals Results in Increased Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Secretion Compared to Healthy Young Subjects," that included co-authors Robert Campbell, Andrew Weyrich, Mark Supiano, and Guy Zimmerman.